Private employment agencies must apply for accreditation or register with the Brussels Capital Region before exercising their activities in the Region. An accreditation or registration is required to carry out certain activities. An accreditation is valid for two years at first. After that, it can be renewed indefinitely. The registration remains valid as long as the agency respects the regulations pertaining to it.
Action to be taken
Applying to BEE for registration and/or accreditation of private employment agencies.
For the agencies whose registered office is outside of Belgium: these agencies need to prove that in the country where their registered office is situated, they comply with requirements equivalent to those for agencies who have their registered office in Belgium. Therefore, they must provide documents equivalent to those requested from "Belgian" agencies:
- a certificate from a competent authority declaring that the agency may offer temporary work activities
- proof that the capital is fully paid up in compliance with the legal or regulatory provisions applicable to the foreign legal form of the company
- the organisational chart of the company's bodies
- a certificate from the competent foreign services with regard to social security and fiscality
- written proof that no arrears are due in compliance with the applicable foreign system, which is equivalent to the Belgian system of the subsistence security fund for temporary workers
- the template for the contracts with the user and with the worker preceding any temporary work service (compliant with the template drawn up by the applicable collective labour agreement), with a spot reserved for the identification number to be assigned
- a signed copy of the document with regard to the rights and obligations of workers and jobseekers
- a copy of the correspondence and advertisement templates, with a spot reserved for the identification number to be assigned
- the curriculum vitae, degree and employment certificates of the applicant and the managers of the temporary work services, proving that they meet the professional competence requirements
- a copy of the working regulations
- if applicable, proof that the agency respects the legal, regulatory and sectoral provisions with regard to the terms and conditions of temporary work in the construction sector
- if seconded foreign salaried workers or self-employed people are employed, proof of the prior LIMOSA declaration, etc.
The Belgian labour legislation applies to private employment agencies that carry out their activities in the Brussels Capital Region, whether their registered office is situated in Belgium or abroad.
Links, forms en documents
Documents and links
Brussels Economy and Employment
The official administration of the Brussels-Capital Region in charge of employment and economy
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?