You are a retailer who would like to install a stall or display of flowers, plants, or fruits and vegetables on the pavement in front of your shop? This occupation of public space, whether it is annual or seasonal, must be authorised beforehand by the commune in which your business is located.
In order to install a stall or display in a publicly accessible space, you will need to address your request to the relevant commune via a specific form. For permanent stalls or displays, the procedure is similar to the one for the establishment of a terrasse on a public space (internal link). A license fee to the commune will apply. In certain cases, a permit may also be required from the local police services.
Documents you will need to provide
The documents that are needed with the application form are different from commune to commune, but generally include:
- descriptive layout plan of the display
- photograph of the location (with the facade of the building)
- VAT registration according to the type of commercial activity
- proof of registration in the Enterprise Registrar (Banque Carrefour des Entreprises)
- ID document of the owner/manager
- proof of payment of social obligations
- copy of the current civil liability, fire and explosion responsibility insurance
- copy of the contract with a waste removal organisation.
Most of the municipal procedures can be found in IRISbox.
Links, forms en documents
There are 19 municipalities in the Brussels-Capital Region. You will find the contact details of these municipalities on this page:
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?