Do you wish to set up in a space in the carnivals and fairgrounds during the season of public fairs? As a participant, you will need to submit an application to the relevant commune. If you wish to operate a fairground attraction or a fairground catering establishment outside of this season, you must submit your request in advance.
Most often, the communes attribute spaces for the public fairs season by pre booking. After the publication of a vacancy notice on the commune website or in the local press, you must apply to the Mayor of the relevant commune to obtain a plot. The plot can be awarded to an individual or to a company that has a permit for itinerant trading or fairground activities. Also, some attractions must meet the criteria set out in the Royal decree relating to the operation of fairground attractions, which include technical and security specifications and also the competency of the operator. A tax is also applied to itinerant trading.
Documents you will need to provide
Every application for a place at a carnival or fairgroun
d must include the specific form and supporting documents, that can vary according to the commune.
The application file must include:
- a copy of the ID card and the itinerant trader’s permit (for sole-traders)
- the company name, company number and address of the registered office (for companies)
- civil liability and fire hazard insurance contracts
- a certificate of conformity for the electrical system
- a control certificate from the Service d'Incendie et d'Aide Médicale Urgente (SIAMU, firefighting and emergency medical assistance service)
- a police notice
- an authorisation by AFSCA, Agence fédérale pour la sécurité de la chaîne alimentaire (FASFC, Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain) in the case of catering.
Most of the municipal procedures can be found in IRISbox.
Links, forms en documents
There are 19 municipalities in the Brussels-Capital Region. You will find the contact details of these municipalities on this page: https://catalog.be.brussels/en/citizen/citizenship-documents/citizenship/public-services/19-municipalities
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?