Would you like to open a night shop? This proximity service is subject to regulations, and sometimes also to urban planning permissions. Before you start, it’s good to keep in mind that opening a night shop always requires prior authorisation from the commune in which you wish to locate your premises.
Most communes request that the business owner submit a written application, using a specific form. However, opening a night shop is sometimes subject to a permit from the Urban planning services, either before or after a confirmed authorization. In some situations, you will also need approval from the local police or to operate within fixed opening times. You will also need to pay a fee in certain communes.
Documents you will need to provide
Depending on the commune, a series of documents should be included in the application, such as:
- articles of incorporation
- company registration number
- ID document
- certificate of conformity for the electrical system
- civil liability insurance or fire insurance and a report without comments from the fire services
- description of the project and its activities
- authorisation from AFSCA, Agence fédérale pour la sécurité de la chaîne alimentaire (FASFC, Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain)
- criminal record extract for the sale of alcohol.
Most of the municipal procedures can be found in IRISbox.
Links, forms en documents
There are 19 municipalities in the Brussels-Capital Region. You will find the contact details of these municipalities on this page: https://catalog.be.brussels/en/citizen/citizenship-documents/citizenship/public-services/19-municipalities
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?