Every small and medium enterprise exercising a funeral director activity must prove professional skills.
The person who actually provides the technical management of the regulated activity must provide proof of their professional skills.
Action to be taken
Prove professional skills when registering with the crossroads bank for enterprises.
The sector-specific professional skills can be proved in three different ways:
- a degree: article 9 of the royal decree dated 21 December 2006 determines which degrees can be accepted. For degrees that are not on that list, you can consult the Diplo database;
- professional practice in the past 15 years:
- 3 years as an independent business owner or as a full-time working skilled craftsman;
- 5 years as a freelance side business or as a part-time working skilled craftsman;
- any person without a degree or sufficient professional practice can sit an examination before the central examination board. The examination concerns the sector-specific professional skills mentioned in article 8 of the royal decree dated 21 December 2006.
Citizens from a member state of the European Economic Area (European Union, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) or Switzerland can also prove their professional skills by applying the rights conferred to them by the European Directive 2005/36 on the recognition of professional qualifications, which was transposed by the royal decree dated 17 August 2007.
Included in the crossroads bank for enterprises' registration fee.
Links, forms en documents
Documents and links
Brussels Economy and Employment
The official administration of the Brussels-Capital Region in charge of employment and economy
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?