The activities of a driving school (theory and practical courses) can only be started and conducted from an approved training unit which is directly linked to the driving school's accreditation
Action to be taken
In order to obtain a permit to operate a training unit, you must complete form AE 002.
Applications for a driving school licence, a licence to operate an establishment unit and a site approval must be sent by registered mail.
The following documents must be attached to the application:
1) a declaration made on honour attesting to the use of the premises for the administration of the training unit;
2) a diagram indicating the scale of the classroom and, where applicable, the training area, including the equipment referred to in Articles 15 and 16 and the categories of instruction requested;
3) the categories of vehicles for which practical instruction will be given:
- teaching category A: category groups AM, A1, A2 and A;
- teaching category B: category group B;
- teaching categories C-D: category groups C1, C, D1 and D;
- teaching category E: category groups B+E, C1+E, C+E, D1+E et D+E;
- teaching category G: category group G;
4) except for teaching category B, an application for the approval of a training area, as referred to in Article 8. If the training area has already been approved, the applicant must only mention the registration number of the training area in his/her application;
5) a certificate from the mayor or the competent fire brigade stating that the classroom and administrative premises meet the legal standards in force;
6) the schedule for the theoretical and practical courses.
This accreditation will remain valid as long as the conditions for the later are met.
Links, forms en documents
Documents and links
Brussels Mobility is the administration of the Brussels-Capital Region responsible for equipment, infrastructure and mobility issues.
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?