In order to be able to examine for obtaining a driver's licence, examiners must have accreditation.
Action to be taken
In order to obtain accreditation as an initial training centre, you must apply directly to Brussels Mobility (email@example.com).
This accreditation will remain valid as long as the conditions for accreditation are met
In order to be accredited, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union or the European Economic Area;
- be at least 25 years old;
- be of impeccable character;
- not be, or have been, disqualified from driving a motor vehicle. This prohibition will not apply in the event of the expunging of the conviction or rehabilitation, provided that any examinations required under Article 38 of the Act have been satisfied;
- hold at least one of the diplomas, certificates or credentials taken into consideration for admission to levels A, B or C in the public services of the State, referred to in Chapter I of Annex 1 to the Royal Decree dated 2 October 1937 relating to the status of State employees, or a foreign diploma, certificate or credential recognised as equivalent in accordance with Chapter II of the same Annex. However, the requirement to hold one of these diplomas is not necessary if the person concerned can prove professional experience of at least five years in the field of practical driver training;
- 6. have undergone initial training and passed an examination covering the subjects referred to in Annex 19. The content and organisation of the initial training and the examination have been approved by the Minister or his delegate. The examiners must also meet the standards for quality assurance and continuous training set out in Article 26 (4)
- have passed a medical examination;
- in the case of an examiner for category B, have held a valid Belgian or European driving licence for category B for at least three years.
Examiners for other categories must hold a Belgian or European driving licence valid for at least five years for the category of motor vehicle for which they will be appointed as an examiner in order to assess the practical test.
Links, forms en documents
Documents and links
Brussels Mobility is the administration of the Brussels-Capital Region responsible for equipment, infrastructure and mobility issues.
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?