You own a retail or hospitality business and you would like to temporarily set up a rotisserie on the pavement or on the street? You will need to apply to the relevant services of the commune where your business is located for an authorisation of temporary occupation of public space. You should allow 15 to 30 days from the submission of your application.
The installation of a rotisserie must be permitted by the commune via an authorisation of temporary occupation of public space which must be requested by the official representative of the retail or hospitality business. The request for occupation of public space form to be filled in can be obtained from the relevant service of the commune, or on their website.
Fees may apply for this procedure, please refer to the relevant service of the communal administration.
Documents you will need to provide
The documents to be provided, depending on the commune, are:
- copy of the ID card of the owner and/or the manager
- valid certificate of conformity for the hospitality sector
- proof of entry in the trade register at the location where the business is established
- proof of registration in the Enterprises Registrar (Banque Carrefour des Entreprises)
- descriptive layout plan of the installation, including the street furniture
- photograph of the space
Most of the municipal procedures can be found in IRISbox.