As soon as the actions and works subject to a building permit are completed and prior to any use, the fire department will make a verification visit at the request of the board of mayor and aldermen, which may or may not be concluded with a certificate of uniformity, unless it concerns actions and works that are exempted from it.
To schedule a visit
The form can be sent to the fire department by mail or by e-mail.
During the visit, the following documents must be kept at the disposal of the representative from the fire department
- the plans of the building permit application on the basis whereof the fire prevention application was submitted (stamped plans);
- if applicable, the conformity certificates for electrical installations, for gas and for extinguishing agents and fire-fighting;
- the conformity certificates and CE mark of the structural components: on the one hand for the reaction to fire of external walls, roofs, wall cladding materials, floors and ceilings, and on the other the fire resistance of fireproof doors, walls, suspended ceilings, floors, columns, beams. These conformity certificates must be delivered by the architect, contractor or building supervisor. These supporting documents must be included in the as-built file of the building and be made available on paper or in digital form.
- Administrative cost: € 60.71 per file
- Research costs: € 101.18 per hour
- If extra m² are added to the file afterwards: + € 1.21 per m²
Links, forms en documents
Documents and links
Service d'Incendie et d'Aide Médicale Urgente de la Région Bruxelles-Capitale (SIAMU)
The Service d'Incendie et d'Aide Médicale Urgente (SIAMU, firefighting and emergency medical assistance service) takes action in the event of fire and coordinates emergency medical assistance in the Region.
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?