Natural person accredited to periodically check all types of boilers or water heaters. To be able to exercise this profession, the EPB boiler technician GII needs to be officially accredited by Brussels Environment.
Valid lifelong (however, the accreditation can be suspended and withdrawn if the person does not meet the obligations, among other things passing a central examination during an obligatory in-service training).
The approval as an EPB boiler technician is granted, depending on the type of boiler on which he acts, to natural persons meeting the following conditions:
- Holding a valid attestation of competence as an EPB boiler technician L, GI or GII, delivered after having successfully completed a recognised training or holding a valid attestation that Brussels Environment recognises as equivalent;
- Undertaking to comply with the obligations imposed by the decree;
- Enjoying full civil and political rights.
Action to be taken
To become an accredited EPB boiler professional, you need to:
- meet the accreditation requirements (see requirements)
- successful completion of a training recognised by Brussels Environment
- send the application form and all supporting documents (see evidence) to Brussels Environment
- The application form for your accreditation(s), of which the template is decided and made available by Brussels Environment, fully completed, dated and signed by the applicant;
- A copy of the valid attestation(s) of competence, a copy of the degree (if applicable) and a document supporting the professional experience corresponding with the requested accreditation(s);
- An extract from the judicial record that is less than a year old;
- A copy of the dossier fee's proof of payment (copy of the bank statement, with the name of the bank, the account numbers and the amount of the transfer).
- 10 working days to examine the complete file
- 30 working days for the decision, counting from the date the receipt notification is sent for a file declared complete
Appeal to the Environmental College within 30 days after being notified of the decision