Natural person accredited to approve the energy performance of all heating systems, and to carry out an EPB heating diagnosis of all heating systems with a boiler with a capacity of more than 100 kW or several boilers. To be able to exercise this profession, the EPB heating advisor type 2 needs to be officially accredited by Brussels Environment.
Valid lifelong (however, the accreditation can be suspended and withdrawn if the person does not meet the obligations, among other things passing a central examination during an obligatory in-service training).
Certification as an EPB heating consultant is granted to individuals who meet the following conditions:
- Holding a valid attestation of competence as an EPB boiler technician L, GI or GII, delivered after having successfully completed a recognised training or an accreditation as an EPB boiler technician L, GI or GII;
- Holding a valid attestation of competence as an EPB heating advisor of type 2, delivered after having successfully completed a recognised training;
- Undertaking to comply with the obligations imposed by the decree;
- Enjoying full civil and political rights.
Action to be taken
To become an accredited EPB boiler professional, you need to:
- meet the accreditation requirements (see requirements)
- successful completion of a training recognised by Brussels Environment
- send the application form and all supporting documents (see evidence) to Brussels Environment
- The application form for your accreditation(s), of which the template is decided and made available by Brussels Environment, fully completed, dated and signed by the applicant;
- A copy of the valid attestation(s) of competence, a copy of the degree (if applicable) and a document supporting the professional experience corresponding with the requested accreditation(s);
- An extract from the judicial record that is less than a year old;
- A copy of the dossier fee's proof of payment (copy of the bank statement, with the name of the bank, the account numbers and the amount of the transfer).
- 10 working days to examine the complete file
- 30 working days for the decision, counting from the date the receipt notification is sent for a file declared complete
Appeal to the Environmental College within 30 days after being notified of the decision