Natural person accredited to carry out EPB diagnoses of air conditioning systems. To be able to exercise this profession, the air conditioning advisor needs to be officially accredited by Brussels Environment.
Valid lifelong (however, the accreditation can be suspended and withdrawn if the person does not meet the obligations, among other things passing a central examination during an obligatory in-service training).
- Holding a bachelor's or master's degree, or a degree in industrial engineering, biological engineering or civil engineering with a technical or scientific specialisation, or an equivalent degree delivered in another state, or holding an attestation of competence in cooling techniques, in the sense of the decree of the Brussels Capital Region dated 22 March 2012 fixing the minimal training requirements for air conditioning technicians and the registration of air conditioning businesses, or an equivalent attestation delivered in another region or another state;
- Providing proof of at least three years of professional experience in checking, designing, installing or maintaining HVAC installations, if this experience was actually carried out as the main occupation or full-time, and at least five years if this experience was actually carried out as a secondary activity or part-time;
- Holding a valid attestation of competence as an EPB air conditioning advisor, delivered after having successfully completed a recognised training;
- Undertaking to comply with the obligations imposed by the decree;
- Enjoying full civil and political rights.
Action to be taken
To become an accredited EPB boiler professional, you need to:
- meet the accreditation requirements (see requirements)
- successful completion of a training recognised by Brussels Environment
- send the application form and all supporting documents (see evidence) to Brussels Environment
- The application form for your accreditation(s), of which the template is decided and made available by Brussels Environment, fully completed, dated and signed by the applicant;
- A copy of the valid attestation(s) of competence, a copy of the degree (if applicable) and a document supporting the professional experience corresponding with the requested accreditation(s);
- An extract from the judicial record that is less than a year old;
- A copy of the dossier fee's proof of payment (copy of the bank statement, with the name of the bank, the account numbers and the amount of the transfer).
- 10 working days to examine the complete file
- 30 working days for the decision, counting from the date the receipt notification is sent for a file declared complete
Appeal to the Environmental College within 30 days after being notified of the decision