Natural person accredited to draw up and deliver energy performance certificates for non-residential buildings. To be able to exercise this profession, the tertiary certifier needs to be officially accredited by Brussels Environment.
The accreditation is valid lifelong (however, the accreditation can be suspended and withdrawn if the person does not meet the obligations, among other things passing a central examination during an obligatory in-service training).
- Holding a degree in architecture, engineering and architecture, civil engineering, biological engineering, industrial engineering, graduate in construction; or any other higher education degree certifying successful completion of a training in the energy performance of buildings; or an equivalent degree delivered in another state; or being able to prove two years of professional experience with regard to the energy aspects of buildings.
- Undertaking to comply with the obligations imposed by the ordinance and the decree;
- Holding a valid pass certificate for the central examination organised by Brussels Environment;
- Enjoying full civil and political rights.
Actions to be taken
- Filling in, dating and signing the form
- Transferring the dossier fee of 50 euros to the account mentioned on the form
- Submitting the application to Brussels Environment in one copy, either sending it by registered mail or handing it in personally at the main office of Brussels Environment, or e-mailing it to: email@example.com
1) the duly completed and signed accreditation application form, of which the template can be found below;
2) a copy of the pass certificate for the central examination organised by Brussels Environment, less than six months old;
3) A copy of the dossier fee's proof of payment (50 euros);
4) An extract from the judicial record that is less than a year old;
5) EITHER a copy of the degree (Belgian or delivered by another member state of the European Union);
6) OR proof of at least two years of professional experience in a field that deals with the energy aspects of buildings.
- 10 working days to examine the complete file
- 30 working days for the decision, counting from the date the receipt notification is sent for a file declared complete
Appeal to the Environmental College within 30 days after being notified of the decision
Links, forms en documents
Documents and links
Information Department of Brussels Environment
You are in need of some information or advice on any topics related to Energy and Environment in Brussels? You'd like to receive one of our brochures? Our information department is here to help you out and answer your questions.
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?