Natural person or legal person accredited to calculate the energy performance of building and renovation works. To be able to exercise this profession, the EPB advisor needs to be officially accredited by Brussels Environment.
The accreditation is valid for five years and is renewable.
§1. Accreditation as an EPB advisor is awarded to natural persons who meet the following conditions:
- holding either an architect's degree or a civil engineering and architecture degree, or civil or industrial engineering, or biological engineering or assimilated, or an equivalent degree delivered in another state;
- undertaking to comply with the obligations imposed by the ordinance and article 3 of this decree;
- holding a training attestation as an EPB advisor, as meant in article 2, § 3 of this decree.
§ 2. Accreditation as an EPB advisor is awarded to legal persons who meet the following conditions:
- established in accordance with the Belgian law or the law of another member state of the European Economic Area;
- at any moment employing a natural person accredited as an EPB advisor with an open-ended employment contract or a cooperation or association agreement.
Action to be taken
- Filling in, dating and signing the form
- Transferring the dossier fee of 50 euros to the account mentioned on the form
- Submitting the application to Brussels Environment in one copy, either sending it by registered mail or handing it in personally at the main office of Brussels Environment, or e-mailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) A double-sided copy of your identity card or a copy of your passport;
2) A copy of the valid training attestation as EPB advisor;
3) A copy of the dossier fee's proof of payment;
4) A copy of the degree giving access to the accreditation or for people holding an equivalent title delivered in another region or in another member state of the European Economic Area:
• a copy of the document holding the title delivered by the competent public service in the region or in the member state of the European Economic Area;
• if necessary, a translation into Dutch or French of the obtained title;
• every element that enables the applicant to prove that the conditions of the obtained title are equivalent to the conditions imposed by article 2 of the decree of the government of the Brussels Capital Region dated 10 October 2013 on the accreditation of EPB advisors.
10 working days to examine the complete file
30 working days for the decision, counting from the date the receipt notification is sent for a file declared complete
Appeal to the Environmental College within 30 days after being notified of the decision