The procedure for obtaining Belgian nationality in the Brussels Region depends on your personal situation, such as your residence status, current nationality, and other factors. However, here is a general procedure for obtaining Belgian nationality:
- Check if you are eligible for Belgian nationality. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on your personal situation. You can consult the website of the Immigration Office for more information.
- If you are eligible, gather all the necessary documents for your application.
- Submit your application for Belgian nationality to the commune where you are registered. You will need to fill out an application form and provide the required documents. You may also be asked to take a language test and a citizenship test.
- Wait for a response to your application. Processing times may vary but can take several months. If your application is successful, you will need to take an oath and sign a declaration of loyalty to Belgium.
The costs for processing your Belgian nationality application may vary depending on your personal situation. For more information on costs, you can contact your commune or consult the website of the Immigration Office.
For additional general information, you can also visit the Federal Public Service Justice website dedicated to Belgian nationality (belgium.be).
· Proof of residence in Belgium
· Proof of income
· Proof of social linguistic integration
· Proof of civil status
· Proof of current nationality
Links, forms en documents
Documents and links
There are 19 municipalities in the Brussels-Capital Region. You will find the contact details of these municipalities on this page:
Do you have questions, complaints, suggestions, reports about this page ?